Saturday, June 25, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
"16 mile" course (10 solo, 10 duo, 6 solo): Marked in Green. Much like last year minus Mist Lake and trail V.
"9 mile" course (10 team, 6 duo, 3 hour, high school): Uses Red trail X cutoff. Much like last year, but with an earlier cut off on top of the X&C hill.
Over 150' of new bridge since the last Thunderdown.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Pay a visit to Dog Lake. Paul and I finished some bridges around there, but be prepared so you don't shoot off the trail like I did. It is faster.
Tuesday looks like a good day to get trail L ready. Wednesday is a day for digging. Trail U Thursday.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Saturday the 11th we'll be out putting in bridges by Dog Lake and a switchback on trail X. 9AM wouldn't be too early. Usual digging tools are all we'll need.
Clean up continues. Oktoberfest is ready for race day. Enjoy it while it still has all the trees. Logging will start right after the race.
A long bridge on trail U is still in the works this month.
- Camping is available on site for a reasonable fee.
- Underdown has about 100 feet of climbing per mile.
- The nearest sandy beach is Tug Lake.
- Group pre-ride June 25th @ 10AM.
- Getting to Underdown
- Turn in Thunderdown Cup rosters before 4PM race day. Hodags sign-up with Al. Wausau still needs a captain who won't be at a music festival on race day.