Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Monday, April 25, 2016
Saturday, March 5, 2016
all the way to Mist Lake and I took advantage of the opportunity to explore the lakes, nut it took some icy trails to get there. Ice is common on trails A and Z plus the Ice Age Trails from Dog Lake to collarbone corner. Fat bikers should be ready to walk or take serious risks, and hikers will want to bring spiky shoes to those areas. There wasn't enough snow to groom ski trails this week. It feels like winter is about over.
Monday, February 29, 2016
The Mist Lake loop has not been this solid for fat biking in 4 or 5 years. Just enough new powder fell to give the ice some grip. Lakes and bog fringes are clear of deep snow and ready to explore at will. The loop only took about 1:20 at a moderate pace.
- Group ride at 10AM Saturday if the forecast holds.
- Ski trails are icy with powder in the tracks over some dirt patches.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
The Mist Lake loop was finally solid enough to ride all the way around last night. It's bumpier than the Dog Lake loop because some of us jumped the gun this weekend, but you won't have to walk. Be alert on A and Z. Ice is slippery. Joe and I found an interesting new loop out the back of Luecks Lake all the way to the junction of Copper Lake Road and the Ice Age Trail.
Saturday, February 20, 2016
As of 8AM this morning the trails were OK but deteriorating.
- Trails A and Z are still open to snowshoes.
- Ski trails will be soft today and icy tomorrow.
- Fat biking should be a treat Sunday except for some ice patches on the sunny sides. A group will attempt the Mist Lake loop at 10AM.