- Many Underdown ski trails are groomed nice and solid, and the parking lot is plowed. No track has been set yet, but that should happen soon. The Blue trail wasn't groomed yet, and trucks are still making tracks on Horn Lake Road.
- Snowshoe trails are established to Dog Lake, powder to Mist Lake. No more slush.
- Nothing is good for fat bikes yet.
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Sunday, December 28, 2014
- Underdown has about 8 inches of beautiful new powder.
- Snowshoe trails are well established to Dog Lake. Slush has been dragged and should freeze up tonight.
- Anyone who hikes to Mist Lake will find lots of powder and slush.
- Some ski trails have been skied in, but no maintenance has been done. I'm guessing the ski trails will get groomed and the parking lot will get plowed this week.
- Fat biking might be good in a week.
Friday, December 26, 2014
- At this hour Underdown is pretty, but does not have enough snow to do much with.
- Hiking is still for boots.
- Some ski trails are skied in, but gates aren't open yet.
- Trails A and Z were OK on a fat bike if you like it loose.
- New snow starts falling at Midnight.
- The annual snowshoe hike is set for January 24th at 10AM.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
- All the trail dragging done a few weeks ago has finally paid off. Underdown bike trails are a bumpy sidewalk with trails open all the way to trail CC and Dog Lake. Lakes are frozen, and bogs are lumpy.
- Boot hiking is great, but there is no place to ski.
- Harrison Hills is great for exploring now with numerous accessible lakes. The channel from Beaver Lake to Kordick Lake has never been higher and easier to ride numerous lines.
- Sunnyvale Park has been closed by some high water.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Last night I found that Bridge Lake was solid enough to walk across, but I sunk past my ankles on the bogs after the lake. For a while more it would be best to stay to high ground. Gates are still closed on ski trails so skiers will have a chance to make their own way.