- Group ride at 10AM Saturday if the forecast holds.
- Ski trails are icy with powder in the tracks over some dirt patches.
Monday, February 29, 2016
The Mist Lake loop has not been this solid for fat biking in 4 or 5 years. Just enough new powder fell to give the ice some grip. Lakes and bog fringes are clear of deep snow and ready to explore at will. The loop only took about 1:20 at a moderate pace.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
The Mist Lake loop was finally solid enough to ride all the way around last night. It's bumpier than the Dog Lake loop because some of us jumped the gun this weekend, but you won't have to walk. Be alert on A and Z. Ice is slippery. Joe and I found an interesting new loop out the back of Luecks Lake all the way to the junction of Copper Lake Road and the Ice Age Trail.
Saturday, February 20, 2016
As of 8AM this morning the trails were OK but deteriorating.
- Trails A and Z are still open to snowshoes.
- Ski trails will be soft today and icy tomorrow.
- Fat biking should be a treat Sunday except for some ice patches on the sunny sides. A group will attempt the Mist Lake loop at 10AM.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Underdown had an inch or two of new fluff.
- All 20 miles of classic ski trails were tracked Wednesday.
- All 8 miles of snowshoe trails have tracks since the last snow.
- Dog Lake is already a great fat bike ride, and Mist Lake was dragged so Saturday morning could be the time we can finally ride all the way around.
- Coyotes were calling on three sides as I approached Mist Lake tonight. A nice moonlight let me see across the lake so I didn't have to guess my heading.
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Underdown has had a little bit of snow and some good winds.
- Ski trails have some snow and the tracks and will probably get groomed Friday.
- Snowshoe trails all have tracks and easy to follow except for the trip across Mist Lake itself which might have drifted over again.
- Fat biking is fun to Dog Lake and will be at least 50% rideable around the Mist Lake loop. Open areas will be some kind of adventure.
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Underdown only got about 3 inches of new snow from that much-hyped blizzard so it's pretty, but not buried.
- Ski trails are already tracked.
- Snowshoe trails have new tracks around the Big Bog Loop, with an easy to follow trail to Dog Lake. Don't head all the way to Mist Lake unless you know the way. There should be tracks that far by Saturday. This will be real snowshoeing instead of that sidewalk boot hiking we have been having.
- Some fat biking will be viable by this weekend.