- The monster course will be taking a year off. This year's long course will bypass the Mist Lake loop and use either the made-over trail V or Oktoberfest, depending on the status of logging on Oktoberfest. Hopefully we'll get to use it one more time before it needs to get rebuilt. This course will be short enough for 6 hour solo racers to complete 3 or 4 laps, but too long for many 3 hour racers to complete 2 laps. The monster course should be back tougher than ever for 2012. It could be the end of the world as foretold by the Mayas.
- 3 Hour racers and teams will be doing the shorter 9 or 10 mile course used last year. It will be only slightly shorter than 2010. For navigational purposes it will have to leave trail C at the top of the X to C hill instead of the new XX cutoff from the saddle hill switchbacks.
- A least a half dozen new bridges have been built to keep it dry and gnarly.
- Another Thunderdown Cup is up for grabs for the town that puts in the most miles. Be sure to sign up on your town's roster before the start of the race this year. Rhinelander will be back with a vengeance.
- June 25th, 2011 10AM Pre-ride group ride
- July 2nd, 2011 Thunderdown time - New classes and start times to be announced
- New awards to be announced
- July 23rd Bill Underdown's Roubaix Style Group Ride: a 77.7 mile cross bike ride with 49.9 miles of dirt - the Wausau24 training day
- July 24th Super D Group Ride: 2 stopwatches and a whole bunch of hills, maybe a little polo