Start: 10AM July 14th Underdown parking lot
- This is a cross bike ride. Mountain bikes would make it, but without compromise tires they will be tougher to ride that far. Road bikes will not survive some fire road segments.
- I'm using the same 700x32 tires that got me across Iowa. Sometimes those aren't quite enough, but overall they are an efficient and durable choice.
- You will receive a cue sheet with turns, road names, and mileage. You will need an accurate computer unless you plan on never getting dropped from the group. You will need a way to hold your cue sheet whether a stem bag with a window, clip board, binder clips, or the cuff of your shorts.
- Because the route really doesn't have to be top secret, and I don't want anyone getting stranded: Map Joel's Ride
- Depending on temperatures, start with 3 or 4 bottles and put the same in your drop bag.
- Sunday should be a good day to pick raspberries in the Underdown.