Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thanks Riders! What now?


Thanks everyone for your great comments, courage and efforts while facing the Underdown last week. After hearing from a lot of people and looking at the lap times, I'm left with the Underdown dilemma: too much trail. Though it's a shame to skip good trail and there is a place for the ultimate lap, the 2010 long-course format isn't something we can do every year and stay in one piece. I'm thinking of scaling things back to something like last year's distance and tweaking the existing trails before adding new ones.

What do we leave in? Tell me what trails you come to the Underdown to ride, and I'll try to put them together in a course that is still fun and challenging, but a little less brutal.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... tough call Chris,
    To be honest, I thought the lap length was great. There is so much good trail to choose from. The one area that was ultra fatigue for me were the $5 hills. I could do without them. (Wink)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've changed my mind about the $5 hills a hundred times - keep them or bypass. So far I've been busy every time I think "bypass", but it's just a matter of time until I want to bypass around those hills and also have the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Octoberfest trail is great! - If I was forced to trim some trails from the race I would say the U section that goes into the woods before ying yang and the section of the ice age trail by dog lake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care what trails you use I love them all, but whatever you do for the love of god don't do the race on 4th of july weekend again. June or September would be much better and that's just one oppinion of many just my two cents and would love to actually have time to complete the race.

    ReplyDelete