Underdown Recreation Area
This race counts as 2 races for series riders who have completed four other WEMS races this season.
- 15-ish miles for 10 Solo, 10 Duo, 6 Solo
- 9-ish miles for 10 Team, 6 Duo, 3 Solo
- The course is much like last year's layout, but over 200 feet of boardwalk has been added since we saw you last. All racers will ride trail CC, our latest and greatest. The long course will ride Oktoberfest this year.
The first 100 racers will receive one of the brand new WEMS water bottles. Registration includes your daily trail pass! Registration
- Camping is available on site for a small fee. No reservations necessary.
- The closest gas is in Gleason, but the best snacks will be found on the north end of Gleason at Prairie Pines.
- The best burgers and pizza are found at the Lighthouse on X south of Gleason.
- The best swimming hole is where J crosses the Prairie River on the way to Bloomville.
Wausau will put the Thunderdown Cup on the line while Rhinelander looks to take it back. Register your town by 3PM on race day.
- Thuderdown winners will again receive growlers, pints and more.
- WEMS series winners will receive their awards and prizes from Hammer, Giant, Primal, Velocity and more.
- The Velocity wheel set will be given to a lucky series rider. Every race entered by a series rider earns one entry in the drawing.
- Bonus prizes and post-race festivities!